FERMA Certification is the only European professional designation for risk managers. Developed by the Federation of European Risk Management Associations and its 22 national associations, it provides independent confirmation of the professional competences, experience and standards of individual Risk Managers.
FERMA Certification is a structured programme that gives a clear identity to the profession, making sure boards, top management, human resources and the academic world appreciate the value of risk management.
It enhances the career development of certified Risk Managers and gives them a competitive advantage in employment market..
Risk and Insurance Managers and other risk professionals with suitable education and experience are eligible for FERMA Certification.
What do Risk Management professionals gain from FERMA Certification?
- Career development
- Independent recognition of professional status by top management
- Credibility and competitive advantage in the employment market
- Internationally accepted designation
- Cross-border opportunities in multinational organisations
What do employers gain by motivating their Risk Management professionals to take the Certification?
- Show that risk management is taken seriously in the organisation
- Increase the organisation’s reputation and credibility with stakeholders
- Provide confidence that those who are practicing risk management are qualified and experienced
In order for your application to be accepted, you need to have a minimum education level combined with a corresponding number of years of experience in Risk Management. More info here…
APPLICATION AND FEES
Once the application is approved by the FERMA Secretariat, the candidate should enroll online with Certification partner ANZIIF. More info here…
The FERMA Certification examination is a 2 hour online exam with 100 questions based on the rimap Body of Knowledge. More info here…
Five steps to apply to the European FERMA RIMAP risk management certification
- Confirm your eligibility.
- Apply on the FERMA website and upload your justification documents for education and experience.
- Once approved, enroll on the ANZIIF Platform to pay the fee and get access to learning materials and practice questions.
- Choose your examination date and appoint your supervisor.
- Take the online examination.