Registration is now open for the 2014 FERMA Seminar. The event, taking place in Brussels on 20 and 21 October, is the highlight of FERMA’s calendar for 2014, especially because it will also celebrate FERMA’s 40th anniversary with a gala dinner. Both the Seminar and the dinner are free for members of FERMA associations.
At the heart of the programme will be the presentation and discussion of the results of the 2014 FERMA Benchmarking Survey, now underway across 20 European countries. The keynote talk by Danish meteorologist Jesper Theilgaard will be on
climate change and its implications for European business.
FERMA’s event organiser Véronique De Hertogh stresses how easy it will be for risk managers to come to the Seminar:
- It is free for members of FERMA member associations and FERMA individual members, including the gala FERMA
40th anniversary dinner;
- A 10 per cent discount on Brussels Airlines flights to Brussels; tickets can be booked from the seminar website;
- It takes only 17 minutes by shuttle train from Brussels airport to reach Central Station, which is in front of the conference venue, SQUARE: low cost and no traffic jams.
- All the hotels within 10 minutes walking distance from the Square; no need for taxis.
- Reduced rates for hotels through Brussels Booking Desk.
- For drivers, there are plenty of parking places under SQUARE.
This year, participants will see innovations both in the way this is done and in a broader programme with new sessions. FERMA board member Helle Friberg, who is chairman of the Seminar programme committee, promises, “The announcement of the results will more varied than in the past with more time for discussion. That’s what the members told us they wanted. Risk managers also want to be able to speak openly about the issues they deal with, so we have created two roundtable discussions exclusively for risk managers.”
These two roundtable discussions, which will take place on day one, will cover wide-ranging topics nominated by risk managers themselves, such as risk management as a creator of value, enterprise risk management and digital risks and opportunities. A third, open roundtable, on day two, will focus on the issues raised by the survey results.
REGISTER NOW if you haven’t already done so: www.ferma.eu/ferma-seminar-2014/register