The webinar is organized by AIG, the European Confederation of Directors’ Associations (ecoDa), and the Federation of European Risk Management Associations (FERMA).
13th October at 10.30 CET (The seventh webinar of our series)
- Andrew Glazzard, Director, National Security and Resilience, RUSI
- Gus Green, Head of Global Terrorism Risk Consulting, AIG
- Scott Walker, Senior Managing Consultant, NYA International
- Georges Wanet, Managing Director of 1A Consulting
What to expect from our panellists:
Andrew Glazzard, Director, National Security and Resilience, RUSI will discuss the range of terrorist threats, setting out potential trajectories for how those threats will develop, and how governments and security authorities are seeking to manage the threat. He will cover:
- The global threat from violent Islamist extremism, and how it is likely to develop once ISIL loses its sanctuaries in Syria and Iraq;
- How and why the threat from Islamist violent extremist groups varies between countries (including in Western Europe);
- The threat in Europe and North America from extreme right-wing groups and individuals, and how it relates to the violent Islamist threat (so-called ‘reciprocal radicalisation’);
- How authorities especially in the West are responding to these threats, and the implications for the overall management of risk from terrorism.
Gus Green , Head of Global Terrorism Risk Consulting, AIG will give a detailed overview of the Global Terrorism Threats with special emphasis on discussing current/emerging terrorist targeting trends, including vehicle ramming and active shooter/knife attacks. As well as addressing effective risk mitigations measures that clients can take to limit risk.
Scott Walker, Senior Managing Consultant at NYA, will provide practical advice to businesses gleaned from managing over 150 response cases over the past two years. Through three different, sanitised but real-life case studies, Scott will cover the following key themes:
- What is an appropriate response;
- What to expect during and, crucially, after a terrorist incident;
- What are the lessons learned from recent high-profile attacks?