Exchange between Risk Managers and Experts from McKinsey
Join us Wednesday, 15 APRIL, 11:30 CET
This webinar is part of our series of webinars : Special COVID-19 – ”A European risk manager perspective on the coronavirus crisis.”
Organised by: FERMA with the cooperation of ANRA (Italian Risk Management Association)
Subject: Getting ahead of the next stage of the coronavirus crisis
The COVID-19 pandemic is spreading at an extraordinary speed. Companies have put a crisis team in place and are doing all they can to keep people safe, stay on top of the business, and deal with the uncertainty amid constantly changing conditions. However, that isn’t likely to be good enough. Close on the heels of the coronavirus outbreak, the next wave of disruption—the biggest economic shock since World War II—is headed our way. And it isn’t just an economic shock: it is a shock to customer behaviors and business models too. To handle this situation, companies need to adopt an operating model that accommodates the extreme level of uncertainty facing their business.
This webinar session will set the above scene and launch a debate between leading Risk managers and Experts from the consulting firm McKinsey. They will cover different aspects of business, providing insight into the risks and disruption in the wake of COVID-19, and assess how organisations of all sizes can successfully manage the challenges.
In preparation McKinsey would like to share some pre-read material to make best of their speaking slot:
1) Safeguarding our lives and our livelihoods: The imperative of our time (By Sven Smit, Martin Hirt, Kevin Buehler, Susan Lund, Ezra Greenberg, and Arvind Govindarajan)
2) Getting ahead of the next stage of the coronavirus crisis (By Martin Hirt, Sven Smit, Chris Bradley, Robert Uhlaner, Mihir Mysore, Yuval Atsmon, and Nicholas Northcote)
3) McKinsey COVID portal for more crisis related material
Rimap points: 2 CPD points are granted to risk managers who are FERMA RIMAP certified.
- Alessandro De Felice, President of ANRA (Italian risk management association) and Chief Risk Officer at Prysmian Group
- François Beaume , VP, Risks and Insurance at Sonepar and in charge of Covid-19 taskforce at AMRAE (French risk management association)
- Gaetan Lefèvre, Group Risk, Insurance & Ethics Manager at CMI, FERMA Board Member and member of BELRIM (Belgian risk management association)
- Alfonso Natale, Partner at McKinsey group, consulting firm
- Thomas Poppensieker, Partner at McKinsey group, consulting firm
Why should you attend? It will help you to know:
- To which extent the risk manager is involved in the Covid-19 crisis management
- What are the best practices and recommendations to emerge stronger from this unique crisis situation.
- You will have the opportunity to ask your questions to Experts and leading Risk managers.
Duration: 40 minutes (exchange) + Q&A (approximately 20 minutes)
The webinar is organised by FERMA in cooperation with ANRA