The Federation of European Risk Management Associations (FERMA) today unveiled a new strategic vision and mission statement on the occasion of its annual general assembly in Brussels. This new vision and mission statement are the result of a six month-long consultation process with FERMA member associations.
Jo Willaert, President of FERMA
FERMA’s vision is of “a world where risk management is embedded in the business model and culture of organisations”. It is embodied in the new mission statement that aligns FERMA’s work with its goals of increasing leadership in risk management and enhancing risk managers’ strategic influence. To do this, FERMA will:
- Represent and defend the interests of its member associations and their members to European institutions.
- Create, collect and share knowledge, practices and innovative approaches amongst its member associations and their members.
- Improve the recognition of and raise the profile of the profession.
- Demonstrate the value that professional risk managers bring to organisations.
- Take the lead with stakeholders who have an interest in risk management.
- Represent European interests with risk management associations globally.
The President of FERMA, Jo Willaert, told the general assembly: “This new vision and mission statement provide a strong basis for the development of a business plan laying down the direction for FERMA over the next three years around three key drivers: leadership, communication and education.”
To support the launch of this strategic vision, FERMA has today published the first guide about its network of member national associations. This booklet highlights the distinctive role of the network and strengthens the image of FERMA and the associations.
Please click for here PDF version.
Note to journalists: You are invited to attend the FERMA Seminar on 3-4 October in Malta. See https://www.ferma.eu/event/ferma-seminar-2018/ for more information.
Typhaine Beaupérin, CEO, FERMA at email@example.com
+32 (2) 761 94 31
Lee Coppack, FERMA media coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
+44 (0) 208 318 0330 or +44 (0) 7843 089904