On 15 April, European Risk Managers and Experts from McKinsey exchanged and provided insight into the risks and disruption in the wake of COVID-19
Organised by: FERMA with the cooperation of ANRA (Italian Risk Management Association)
Description: Getting ahead of the next stage of the coronavirus crisis
The COVID-19 pandemic is spreading at an extraordinary speed. Companies have put a crisis team in place and are doing all they can to keep people safe, stay on top of the business, and deal with the uncertainty amid constantly changing conditions. However, that isn’t likely to be good enough. Close on the heels of the coronavirus outbreak, the next wave of disruption—the biggest economic shock since World War II—is headed our way. And it isn’t just an economic shock: it is a shock to customer behaviors and business models too. To handle this situation, companies need to adopt an operating model that accommodates the extreme level of uncertainty facing their business.
This webinar session set the economic scene and launched a debate between European leading Risk managers and Experts from the consulting firm McKinsey. They covered different aspects of business, providing insight into the risks and disruption in the wake of COVID-19, and assess how organisations of all sizes can successfully manage the challenges.
- Alessandro De Felice, President of ANRA (Italian risk management association) and Chief Risk Officer at Prysmian Group
- François Beaume , VP, Risks and Insurance at Sonepar and in charge of Covid-19 taskforce at AMRAE (French risk management association)
- Gaetan Lefèvre, Group Risk, Insurance & Ethics Manager at CMI, FERMA Board Member and member of BELRIM (Belgian risk management association)
- Alfonso Natale, Partner, Milan, McKinsey & Company
- Thomas Poppensieker, Senior Partner, Munich, McKinsey & Company
- Vito Giudici, Senior Partner, Hong Kong, McKinsey & Company
Here are the supporting materials from McKinsey & Company:
1) Safeguarding our lives and our livelihoods: The imperative of our time (By Sven Smit, Martin Hirt, Kevin Buehler, Susan Lund, Ezra Greenberg, and Arvind Govindarajan)
2) Getting ahead of the next stage of the coronavirus crisis (By Martin Hirt, Sven Smit, Chris Bradley, Robert Uhlaner, Mihir Mysore, Yuval Atsmon, and Nicholas Northcote)
3) McKinsey COVID portal for more crisis related material
Register now to the Next Special Covid-19 Webinar on 28 April at 16:00 CET