What are the main activities of the European risk manager and what is keeping him awake?
Above data came from an anonymous web-based survey (FERMA European Risk Manager Report 2018 – download full report and read full set of results) distributed through FERMA’s 22 members associations and the PwC European network between May and July 2018. It received responses from 734 respondents in 29 countries.
The survey was composed of 40 questions divided into 4 categories: European Risk Manager Profile (from Q1 to Q13), Insurance Management and Captives (from Q14 to Q23), Risk Management and Strategy (from Q24 to Q31) and Risk Management and Innovation (from Q32 to Q40).
Here are the results for each category:
- Geographical distribution
- ERM/IM Breakdown
- Age and gender
- Professional experience in risk management
- Risk and Insurance Managers’ remuneration
- ERM and insurance management
- The risk manager, a strategic and interconnected position within the organisation
- Different levels of interactions
- Development of the impact of other risk related functions on the risk manager’s role
- The risk manager, a strategic adviser for the organisation
- Risk management within the strategic process
- Risk management and innovation
- ERM is diversifying risk mapping
- The 2018 Risk Radar
- Cyber threats
- Economic and geopolitical risks
- Environmental challenge – a fast growing concern
Results per County
Below, countries files summarize the data per country or per cluster for countries with risk management association’s members of FERMA.
Next edition in 2020
If you are a risk and/or insurance manager who would like to participate to our next survey and receive 2020 full report, please click HERE.